Submitting an absentee bid is both easy and efficient.
Please note that absentee bids are accepted until 10:00 PM the night before a sale.
More Information about Absentee Bids
Absentee Bids: If you are unable to attend an auction in person, and wish to place bids, you may give Theresa E. Taylor and Associates Auctioneering instructions to bid on your behalf. Our representatives will then try to purchase the lot(s) of your choice for the lowest price possible, and never for more than the maximum amount that you indicated. This service is free and confidential. Please note: Theresa E. Taylor and Associates Auctioneering offers this service as a convenience to clients who are unable to attend the sale, and although we make every effort, Theresa E. Taylor and Associates Auctioneering will not be responsible for any errors or failure to execute the bids.
Placing Bids: Be sure to accurately record lot numbers, descriptions and the maximum bid you are willing to pay for each lot as if you were attending the auction in person. "Buy" or unlimited bids will not be accepted.
Alternative bids should be indicated by using the word "OR" between the lot numbers. Then if your bid on an early lot is successful, we will not continue to bid on other lots for you. Or, if your early bids are unsuccessful, we will continue to execute bids for alternative lots until a bid is successful.
Please place your bids as early as possible. In the event of identical bids, the earliest absentee bid received will take precedence.
In the event of an identical bid on the floor, the bid in attendance shall take precedence.
Successful Bids: Successful bidders will be notified and the amount payable charged against their credit card immediately after the sale.
The successful absentee bidder agrees to pay all shipping and handling charges. Where applicable, all customs duties and taxes are the responsibility of the successful absentee bidder.
Effective July 1st, 2010 Ontario is now a HST province therefore taxes to Canadian bidders will be as follows:
HST provinces will be charged 13% on all purchases, buyer's premium, convenience fee and shipping and handling costs. This pertains to:
HST province with 12% is British Columbia therefore 12% will be charged on all purchases, buyer's premium, convenience fee and shipping and handling costs.
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
Non-HST provinces with 5% GST (and possible PST) will be charged on all purchases, buyer's premium, convenience fee and shipping and handling costs.
First Nation persons with Band numbers will no longer be exempt and will pay HST on all purchases.
International bidders do not pay any additional taxes provided items are shipped out of the country.
BUYER'S PREMIUM AND CONVENIENCE FEE:
Buyer's premium varies with individual auctions; please confirm prior to bidding. There will be a convenience fee of $5.00 for the first item purchased and a fee of $1.00 per every additional item. This fee covers securing your purchase at the auction facility.
We do not ship anything that is restricted, e.g. Firearms, aerosol cans, flammable materials, alcohol, fireworks. We also cannot ship endangered species items e.g. ivory.
All items will be shipped via UPS- Canada within Canada and Internationally. All items will be shipped insured for its purchase value.
Signature required delivery is an additional service applied to each package to ensure proper delivery of the item. Every package will require a signature before the item can be delivered.
Outside of Canada:
It is your responsibility to be aware of your country's import policy on commodity purchased. Each shipment destined for addresses outside of Canada will require itemized paperwork and declarations to ensure swift and proper clearance through the destination country's customs house. Depending on the item and its nature and value, the customs house in the recipient's country may charge duty, taxes and brokerage fees associated with the clearing of the items through customs. These costs will be the purchasers' responsibility. We encourage you to contact your country's customs house to ensure you understand your country's clearance procedures and fee schedule.
Please note that shipping rates are vastly different from the UPS domestic rates available in the United States.
For U.S. Customs Brokerage Service fees please click on the link: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/select/receiving/customs/fees.html
Please note that any item over $100.00 entering the U.S. is subject to duties and taxes set by the U.S. government.
Once your purchase is ready to be shipped, you will be notified of the cost of shipping, packing and insurance via email. Your credit card will be process by Theresa Taylor Auctioneering. Once payment has been received, you will receive an email from UPS -Canada providing you with the tracking number.
Items will be packed according to UPS-Canada packaging guidelines. A combination of shipping cartons, bubble wrap, packing peanuts and air bag cushioning are used to safely and securely package any and all items. Crating will be required for particular items, such as artwork, to be shipped and insured through the UPS system. Shipping rates vary based on size of the package, weight of the package and destination's postal of zip code.
Each bid is per lot and all bids will be executed and accepted subject to the following Terms and Bidder Agreement.
Theresa E. Taylor and Associates Auctioneering will accept Visa, MasterCard for absentee bids. The Auction house reserves the right to request a different form of payment (wire transfer, certified cheque of bank draft) for larger purchases.
This Bidder Agreement is entered into between the Bidder whose name is entered and the auctioneer, Theresa E. Taylor and Associates Auctioneering. Bidder and Auctioneer agree that the terms listed below shall govern this auction
- Full Payment: All items must be paid for in full before Bidder takes possession. No items may be removed until payment has been settled. Payment for purchases must be made by Visa or MasterCard. All sales are subject to Sales Tax Laws.
- No Warranty: All property is sold "AS IS " without warranties or guarantees expressed or implied. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. The Auctioneer has put forth every effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate descriptions of all items in good faith and they are matters of opinion. The descriptions of items appearing in advertising prior to this auction are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by the Owner (or his agents or officers) or the Auctioneer (or his agents or officers) concerning any item shall be construed as a warranty, either expressed or implied. The Bidder is to examine and inspect the merchandise and accept it the way it is, where it is, and that they may not return any item they purchase. Please send any specific questions to email@example.com or call us for more information. We reserve the right to add or delete items prior to sale time.
- Bidders who bid from off site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. The Auctioneer shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. The Auctioneer will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself.
- Buyer's premium varies with individual auctions; please confirm prior to bidding. There will be a convenience fee of $5.00 for the first item purchased and a fee of $1.00 per every additional item. This fee covers securing your purchase at the auction facility.
- The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by the Auctioneer in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a fee of 2% per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due the Auctioneer and any other costs or losses incurred by the purchaser's failure to adhere to these terms.
- The auctioneer has the sole discretion to advance the bidding and may reject a nominal advance, should it in his/her estimation prove injurious to the auction. The Auctioneer shall be the final judge in all bidding disputes and shall name a bidder as the purchaser.
- The Auctioneer shall not be responsible for any "missed" bids or bids unseen by the auctioneer.
- Disputes: The Auctioneer shall designate the winning bidder after each item is auctioned. If a dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer reserves the right to reopen the bidding. The Auctioneer's designation of a Buyer shall be final.
- By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of the terms of the auction.
- All announcements made day of auction take precedence over any and all written, verbal or electronic statements.
- Buyer's Responsibility: After a Bidder has won the bid with his/her high bid, they have become the new owners of the item, even though they may not have paid for the item yet. The item(s) become the full and sole responsibility of the Buyer at this point, and Buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage. Buyer's should guard their items accordingly.
- Injury and Damage: Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury or property damage caused by Bidder or his agent, and further agrees to hold Auctioneer harmless from any personal injury to himself or his Agents and any property damage incurred on auction premises.
- The auction company reserves the right to refuse service or decline registration to any person.
- Agent: The Auctioneer is acting as Owners Agents only.