LIVE AUCTION SERVICES
The signature of the Live auctioneer is the Auctioneer’s Chant, the auctioneer’s “rapid-fire” presentation in soliciting and accepting bids. The chant is primarily designed to create excitement and keep the sale of items moving steadily. And it is not as mysterious or confusing as some people believe! Actually, it is a legal oral contract: offer, consideration and acceptance. Here is an example. We are offering a chair. The bid of $10.00 represents the consideration and by declaring it “sold” we confirm the acceptance. The deal is done, the clerk has recorded the transaction and now the auctioneer is offering the next item up for bids.
At the live auction, whether it is an estate sale on the homestead, or it takes place in a ballroom setting selling multiple properties, the live auction is an exciting event. Hands going in the air, ring men yipping and the auctioneer’s chant moving everything along. There may even be a tale or too shared along the way. The live auction is how it all started back in the Homeric times in Greece. This ancient tradition is still honored in current auction venues, and we as auctioneers love to call those bids. So give live auctions a try! They’re different, they’re fun… and they just might offer what you’re looking for!
- General Initial Advice
- Assistance to co-ordinate consignment items
- Identification – Research – Appraisal – Sales catalog
- Marketing Promotion – internet/ print/ radio/ social media/ email blasts/ international/ national/ regional/ local
- Database of specialty buyers
- Packing, transportation and storage of consignment
- Transportation of consignment to auction site
- Computerized Auction systems
- Organizing of consignment to enhance bidding
- Trained staff
- Visa – MasterCard – Interact – cash – acceptable cheque
- Expedient and detailed documentation of sale
- Prompt Payment