PRESCOTT – One of the most historic houses in town – and the artifacts of its last owner – are being auctioned off in coming weeks for charity.
John B. Hartry, who died in October without heirs, left the 182-year-old Robert Glasgow House and a vast array of his collectibles and antiques to a foundation that will benefit local charities.
Randy Pelehos, executor of the estate, said Hartry instructed him to keep the names of the charities private until the estate is settled, so he would not reveal the beneficiaries.
It was no secret that Hartry, who died childless, had a soft spot for children and that he was a Big Brother and active in the Brockville Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization, Pelehos said.
Aside from the stately stone house, the estate of Hartry, an avid livelong collector, includes such automobiles as a 1955 Morgan and a 1956 Austin Healey, along with artwork, textiles, chamber pots, pottery and furniture, some of it well more than a century-old.
Link to the original Article here:http://www.recorder.ca/2017/02/22/all-for-auction-all-for-others
- Exchange Today for Your Precious Metals
- Why hire a Professional Auctioneer
- Royal fever at an all time high
- Sixth Annual Brag Buck Auction
- Police Auction – New Venue Draws Bigger Crowd
- Make a bid while you’re still in your PJs and slippers
- Do you have a collection
- Remains Of Estate Of Glengarry Legend Go Under The Gavel
- Important Pieces Of Glengarry History Stay In The Area
- Local Auctioneer Crowned Ladies Champion at World Championship
- Auction Supports Battle Against Breast Cancer
- Let the bidding begin
- Personalized cards, website, speeches, are inexpensive, effective marketing
- Theresa Taylor – Going, going, sold!
- Huge throng witnesses historic MacArthur auction
- Taylor Named Entrepreneur of Year
- Local Auctioneer Honoured
- Bainsville Women Auctions a Cherished Piece of Her Life
- Auctioneering – A Talent Bordering On Theatre
- First An Ambassador
- Ambassador Theresa off to Royal Winter Fair
- Westport’s Foley House Holds -Sale of Century
- Family Treasures On The Auction Block
- Foley Auction Ends Era
- Chapter in Westport’s History Ending With Foley Auction
- Auction Raises More Than $16,000
- Action at The Country Auction
- Women Entrepreneurs Recognized For Endeavor
- Going Once-Going Twice-SOLD